Price Range: $8800 – $14800 / YEAR
Okan University, one of the youngest and the most dynamic universities of Turkey, was founded by Okan Culture, Education, and Sports Foundation in 1999 and began its academic life in 2003-2004. Since the 2006-2007 academic year, the rapidly growing university has been located in its new and modern Akfırat campus.
True to its motto, “The University Closest to Business Life,” Okan University effectively combines theory and practice by employing an academic staff who are experts in their own fields, adopting a contemporary approach to education, and focussing upon practice-oriented studies which prepare the students for business life, starting from students’ very first year of study. Indeed, the university, which had the pleasure of presenting its first graduates with their diplomas in 2006-2007, has fulfilled the promise of its motto, as all members of its first graduating class of graduates have found employment.
Okan University aims to build a bridge between the academic and the business world. To this end, the university enables students to work at firms as part of its Preparing for Business Life Program, starting from their freshman year. This program not only helps students to become familiar with business life and improve their knowledge and skills by putting theory into practice, but serves to motivate the students as well. Students who have successfully completed the Preparing for Business Life Program are presented with a participation certificate as well as other work experience certifications added to their diplomas when they graduate.
Okan University has cooperation protocols with business institutions such as the Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey, Turkish – Eurasian Business Council, Information and Communication Technologies Authority, The Turkish Contractors Association, Association of Turkish Travel Agencies, International Transporters’ Association, Turkish Tourism Investors Association, Turkish Airlines, Sabiha Gökçen International Airport, Turkish Red Crescent, Festo Ind. Bus. Inc., Akfırat Municipality, as well as academic institutions such as Beijing University, Murray State University and Anadolu University.
Featuring the finest in contemporary architecture, Akfırat Campus has all the features a modern university should have. Akfırat Campus is equipped with everything necessary to ensure that students are able to receive the most effective education possible. Our facilities include modern classrooms, computer and technical labs, a library, conference halls, a fitness center, a swimming pool, gymnasiums, cafeterias, and restaurants.
Another advantage of Okan University’s Akfırat Campus is its close proximity to Sabiha Gökçen Airport and the F1 Race Track. The campus also features a Social Center, opened in 2008, which houses a mini cinema, sauna, cafeteria, cocktail hall, shopping center, and student club rooms. What is more, the Sports Center, which includes a 400-person capacity gymnasium, a swimming pool, tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts as well as a soccer field, was designed so that students might spend their free time in the best way possible.
Founded in 1999, Okan University is a dynamic University with close to 12000 students. It offers 53 undergraduate, 28 graduate programs and 8 Ph.D. programs under 8 Faculties, 2 Graduate Institutes, Schools of Applied Sciences and Health Sciences. Okan University also has a Vocational School that offers two-year, associate degree programs in various professional fields. The language of instruction in many of the academic programs is English. Those academic programs that instruct in Turkish offer some classes in English as well for international exchange students.
Okan University contributes to the development of knowledge both nationally and internationally with its high quality education, accredited programs and its research centers. In close cooperation with various business sectors, the university has developed curricula and internship programs for its students to enhance their employability skills.
True its motto, “The University Closest to the World of Business”, Okan University effectively combines theory and practice by employing distinguished academic staff and inviting expert professionals to lecture the students and prepare them for successful careers.
Okan University is located in Istanbul, the only city that spans the two continents, Europe and Asia. In its rich history, Istanbul has served as the capital city of the Byzantine Empire and the Ottoman Empire. Today, Istanbul is the center for business, finance, arts, culture and entertainment in Turkey. While there are many historical monuments such as palaces, mosques, churches and bazaars to discover, Istanbul also offers a very vibrant and hip cultural life, with year-round music and film festivals, modern art galleries, a varied night-life, exciting dining and shopping experiences.
Okan University attaches particular importance to the “internationalization” of its programs, student body and campuses. We offer a wide array of international opportunities to our students to help them developp the skills necessary for successful careers in the global economy. We aim to support our faculties in their teaching and research by faciliating diverse international partnerships.
Okan University also welcomes a growing number of international degree-seeking students are eligible to benefit from the university’s numerous study abroad programs. The university actively participates in the European Union’s Erasmus Program through student and teaching staff exchanges. It also has academic collaborations with universities in the United States of America, Great Britain, Russia, China and Eurasian countries. Okan University has also begun to attract a growing number of international degree and exchange students.
Besides the Erasmus and bilateral Exchange programs, Okan University is a member of ISEP, a worldwidwe student exchange network of more than 300 universities in 50 countries.
The International Office continuously develops the international opportunities available to our students such as study abroad programs, double degree programs and international summer and language courses.
Social and cultural activities are considered integral parts of education at Okan University. Many seminars, conferences and symposia are organized at the university with the participation of distinguished scholars.
Students are also encouraged to take part in social, cultural and sports activities through the Student Clubs. Some examples of current Student Clubs are Dance Club, Photography Club, Aikido Club, Motor Sports Club and Social Responsibility Club. Regular trips to historical sites and touristic regions are organized by the Tourism Club. Okan Spring Festival is organized every year by student organizations.
The main campus for undergraduate programs is the Tuzla Campus on the Asian part of Istanbul. The campus is close to Sabiha Gökçen Airport. Tuzla Campus houses modern faculty buildings, residence halls, student center with cafeterias, shops cinema and a game room. On the campus, there is also a sports complex which includes a semi-Olympic size swimming pool, an indoor basketball court, a fitness center equipped with state-of-the art equipment and a martial arts room. There are also outdoor basketball and tennis courts and a football field.
Tuzla Campus is ideal for undergraduate students with its safe and pleasant environment. University shuttle buses as well as public buses connect the campus to downtown areas, Kadıköy and Taksim.
There are three other campuses in central locations of the city. Graduate programs are delivered either at Mecidiyeköy or Kadıköy campus. Bot hare business districts with easy Access and excellent public transportation links.
Okan University offers accommodation for 1000 students in four fully equipped dormitories on its main campus. Students can choose to stay in single, double or four-person rooms. The dormitories have study halls, TV rooms and a medical center. Restaurants and cafeterias serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Laundry and cleaning services are also provided.
Campus cafeterias serve hot food and snacks all day. On Tuzla Campus, there is a food court with restaurants,that provides special meal packages for students.
Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Banking and Finance (English)
- Business Administration (English)
- Business Administration (Turkish)*
- Health Management (Turkish)
- International Relations (English)
- International Relations (Turkish)*
- International Logistics (English)
- International Logistics (Turkish)*
- International Trade ( English)
- International Trade (Turkish)*
- Management Information Systems (English)
Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
- Architecture (English)
- Automotive Engineering (English)
- Civil Engineering (English)
- Computer Engineering (English)
- Computer Engineering (Turkish)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (English)
- Energy Systems Engineering (English)
- Food Engineering (English)
- Geomatics Engineering (English)
- Genetics and Bioengineering
- Industrial Engineering (English)
- Industrial Engineering (Turkish)
- Mechanical Engineering (English)
- Mechatronics Engineering (English)
- Urban Design and Landscape Architecture (Turkish)*
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Mathematics (Turkish)
- Psychology (Turkish)*
- Sociology (Turkish)
- Arabic Translation and Interpreting
- Chinese Translation and Interpreting
- English Translation and Interpreting
- German Translation and Interpreting
- Russian Translation and Interpreting
Faculty of Law
- Law (Turkish)
Faculty of Fine Arts
- Arts and Design Management (Turkish)
- Fashion Design (Turkish)
- Film and Television (Turkish)
- Industrial Design (Turkish)
- Interior Design (Turkish)
- Photography (Turkish)
- Plastic Arts (Turkish)
- Visual Communication Design (Turkish)
School of Health Sciences
- Child Development (Turkish)
- Nursing (Turkish)
- Nutrition and Dietetic (Turkish)
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation (Turkish)
School of Applied Sciences
- Accounting Information Systems (Turkish)
- Gastronomy (Turkish)*
- Information Systems and Technologies (Turkish)
- Public Relations and Advertising (Turkish)*
- Sports Management (Turkish)*
- Tourism and Hotel Management (Turkish) *30% of courses available in English
- Institute of Social Sciences
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (English)
- Ph.D. in Business Administration (Turkish)
- Ph.D. in Health Management (Turkish)
- Ph.D. in Applied Psychology
- MBA (English)
- MBA (Turkish)
- Executive MBA (Turkish)
- MSc in Accounting and Auditing (Turkish)
- MA in Banking (Turkish)
- MA in International Trade (Turkish)
- MA in Sales and Marketing (Turkish)
- MA in Real Estate Valuation and Financing (Turkish)
- MA in Health Management (Turkish)
- MA in Logistics Management (Turkish)
- MA in Tourism Management (Turkish)
- MA in Entrepreneurship (Turkish)
- MA in Quality Management in Healthcare (Turkish)
- MA in International Relations (Turkish)
- MA in Psychology (Turkish)
- MA in Translation Studies (Turkish)
- MFA in Painting (Turkish)
- MA in Fashion Design (Turkish)
- LLM in Business Law (Turkish)
- e-MBA (Turkish)
Institute of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Ph. D. in Architecture (English)
- Ph.D. in Mechatronics Engineering (English)
- Ph. D. in Computer Engineering
- Ph.D. in Land Management and Utilization
- MSc in Applied Mathematics
- MSc in Automotive Mechatronics and Intelligent Vehicles (English)
- MSc in Civil Engineering
- MSc in Computer Engineering
- MSc in Explosives Engineering
- MSc in Power Electronics and Clean Energy Systems (English)
- MSc in Urban Transformation
APPLIED RESEARCH CENTERS
- Research Center for Computer Science
- Research Center for Eurasian Studies
- Research Center for European Studies
- Research Center for Financial Risk Analysis
- Research Center for Intercultural Studies
- Research Center for International Trade
- Research Center for Transportation Technologies and Intelligent Automotive Systems
- Research Center for Psychological Counseling and Education
- Career Center
- Center for Continuing Education
- Center for Distance Education
- Mohammed Yunus International Center for Microfinance and Social Enterpreneurship